Did you know these interesting facts about breastfeeding?
- 100% Natural
- Preservative Free
- Free from artificial sweeteners
- Free from artificial colourants
- High in energy
- A Source of Vitamin C
- An excellent tonic during lactating periods
That breast feeding mothers burn on average 500 calories more than non breast feeding mothers.
Dependent of how much milk your body produces and how often you feed, studies have found that woman burn an additional 500 calories per day by simply breastfeeding their babies. Just like an athlete.
What other activities burn 500 calories?
What other benefits does breastfeeding hold for mothers?
- 65 minutes of downhill skiing
- 45 Minutes of back to back body weight training
- 30 Minutes on the treadmill at an incline
- 120 Minutes of belly dancing
- 70 Minutes punching a bag
- 90 Minutes brisk walk at 4 MPH
- 120 Minutes Pilates or yoga
- 65 Minutes swimming
- Breastfeeding promotes the bond between mother and baby
- Breastfeeding can reduce the risks of postnatal depression
- Breastfeeding can reduce stress levels